I was trying to make generic whole wheat crackers for this cashew cheese I made,
which is very interesting & tasty, but they ended up turning into
“Doritos” at the last minute!
I was surprised at the taste! The seasoning tastes like the crumbs at the
bottom of the bag. (my favorite part)
Cheesy, salty, garlicky – they tasted almost like cheetos
This incredible combination of taste =
salt + garlic powder + paprika + nutritional yeast
These did not even last 24 hours!
1 c whole wheat flour + plus more for flouring surface (I used King Arthur)
1/2 c water + 1 TBS
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Paprika
1. Set oven to 350. Combine 1 c whole wheat flour + 1/2 c water with hands
2. Add 1 TBS water as needed if the dough is too dry
3. Roll the dough very thin on a floured surface (so thin that you can almost see through it!)
4. Mix the spices in a bowl, then sprinkle over the dough.
5. Roll over the dough once more so that the spices get incorporated into the mixture
6. Flip over repeat
7. Decide what type of cracker you want and make shapes with a pizza cutter, then prick holes into the crackers
8. Bake for 10-15 min or until the sides begin to pull up