After years of pancakes followed by stomach aches,
I’ve finally found a solution!
These oatcakes, are vegan, clean, and just the right amount of sweet.
& the funny thing is…
I kind of just made it up as I threw ingredients into a bowl, so they’re super easy to make. If I can do it, you can definitely do it.
***I did not know oatcakes existed until I thought I had an epiphany and called it an oatcake. Only to find, in my research, that oatcakes are a Scottish thing and they usually include butter, so here is my clean, vegan version.
Vegan Oatcake for One
• 1-2 Large spoon-fulls of apple sauce
• Couple shakes of cinnamon (adjust to taste)
1. Mash the banana with a fork
2. Add the apple sauce + oats
3. Add the cinnamon + vanilla
4. Cook in skillet over medium heat for a couple minutes
5. Top it off with some honey
*adjust amounts of ingredients to however mushy/dense you like your pancakes – I just added enough oats to where it seemed chunky enough to cook in a skillet.
**blending the oats first into an oat flour would be SO ideal if you want more of a homogenous PANcake rather than a chewy OATcake
Super sweet oatcake for one!