Tofu has become my favorite food lately because it’s so versatile & fun to experiment with. This recipe came out of my brain and sort of just happened.
This tofu veggie bowl is packed with protein and dietary fiber. It left me feeling very nourished. High vibes! It’s such a strange combination of tastes but I really liked how different it was! Confusing my tastebuds is very entertaining 😀 I enjoyed my dinner with strawberries, blueberries, and pear slices to complete the rainbow. Maybe that’s why I feel so nourished & complete.
It blows my mind every time how much of a difference being present makes when doing anything, especially when cooking. I’ve noticed a great change in how I feel and how my food looks and tastes. I am full with gratitude for the opportunity and freedom to cook whatever I want and experiment as I wish.
The Greek yogurt is really nice for balancing all of the flavors, but unfortunately, makes this recipe not suitable for vegans. However, it can easily be taken out or subbed by a vegan yogurt or sour cream! I know I’ve seen recipes for both, however, that is a LOT of tofu.
This recipe is sweet, spicy, and tangy! The pear + curry powder + lemon zest give it a really nice flavor explosion. Tastebuds-approved.
1/4 block tofu extra firm
1/4 c black beans
1 garlic clove, minced
Red chili flakes
2 Green onions, chopped
1 zucchini, cut in half then sliced into thin pieces
Handful cilantro chopped – stem and leaves, you get way more cilantro this way*
1 pear, cubed
1 TBS chopped red onion
Carrot shavings from 1/2 carrot
Lemon zest from 1/4 lemon
2 tbs Greek yogurt
1 tbs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
1. Put sunflower oil in pan on medium heat
2. Add green onions and garlic, cook for ~2 minutes
3. Mash the tofu in a bowl & add sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, stir
4. Add tofu, black beans, half of the chopped cilantro, and 1/2 tbs liquid aminos to pan, stir and cook for 5 minutes
5. Add zucchini and other 1/2 tbs liquid aminos, mix
6. Add curry powder and red chili flakes
6. Remove from heat
7. Add pear, carrot, lemon zest, red onion, other 1/2 of chopped cilantro and Greek yogurt on the side