My all-time favorite natural remedies
• Pure Castile Soap – only thing I use now. It’s stupid cheap and lasts forever. Also, you only need 2 drops for a rich lather. I use the peppermint one which is so fresh! I love it.
Face masks / scrubs
• Baking soda + lemon face mask
1. Squeeze half a lemon into a little bowl or your hand
2. Pour baking soda into container/hand and mix with finger until you have a paste
3. Apply to face and wear the mask until it starts cracking (when it’s dry)
4. Wash off with warm water and moisturize
• Honey + Turmeric
1. Mix honey and turmeric powder into a yellow paste
2. Apply to clean, dry skin
3. Alow to dry for roughly 20 minutes
4. Wash with warm water and moisturize
• Coconut oil + 2 drops lavendar EO
• Jojoba oil + 2 drops rose absolute EO
• Red palm oil – occassionally, after showering, I like to put this on everything: body, hair, and face and sleep in it overnight, shower in the morning. It makes my skin insanely soft!
•Aloe vera – fresh from the plant
1 part baking soda + 3 parts water
1 part vinegar + 4 parts water
I stopped using store-bought deodorant a couple months ago and it’s one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve had these gross bumps on my armpits for as long as I can remember, but once I made the switch I immediately saw a difference: healthier, happier, cleaner pits!
• Deodorant – simply mix coconut oil with essential oils and apply to clean pits
• Armpit Scrub – baking soda + lemon (I use the leftover from my face mask (which there always is), just apply to pits and rinse off after 5ish minutes – you could then apply the deodorant (coconut oil + EO) if you needed something extra, but I live in the south and I used this scrub yesterday, which was pretty hot, and I didn’t sweat at all!
Tips to remember:
Vaseline makes your eyelashes grow longer, just apply before bed
Never drag skin down on face, always up
• Coconut oil – Swish in mouth for 30 min; your jaw may begin to hurt, but you can literally feel the toxins coming out of your face. Also, don’t cut the time short! I know from personal experience that if you get lazy and stop swishing halfway through, you’ll feel the toxins stay in your face, as if they’re halfway out! At least that’s how I would describe it.
• Sesame oil – Swish for 20 minutes, spit in toilet or trash, massage gums with finger, brush teeth well
Congestion/anything respiratory or immunity
• garlic clove + honey – I put 1 large garlic clove in a spoon and cover it in honey! You can’t taste the garlic, I promise, but a couple minutes later you might cough up some toxins! Garlic is an amazing expectorant and has wonderful immune-boosting qualities.
• Lemon peels + vinegar – I’ve been storing my used lemon peels in a jar of vinegar. It’s a great cleaner and a much better alternative to all those home cleaners full of chemicals! So far it’s worked great on my bathtub, sink, toilet, kitchen counters, and laminate flooring.
Dryer sheet alternatives
• 3 drops of eucalyptus EO + 3 drops of lemongrass EO on a dry sock – I keep a basket of my lone socks on the dryer, along with those essential oils, and I apply the drops whenever I use the dryer! My clothes smell so clean 🙂
• soaking lone socks in a jar of vinegar + essential oils – I personally haven’t tried this method but I am planning on it!
Fruit and vegetable wash
•Apple cider vinegar + water