It’s too easy to make vegan butter.
All you need is a plant based milk, a non fragrant vegetable oil, coconut oil, lemon and salt.
All you do is blend, freeze, and enjoy!
I can’t believe I’m just learning about this now.
And I can’t get over how it melts… It really looks like the real thing!
Also, I attempted to make grape jam today. The photo above is the jam before I allowed it to cool and set in the fridge; I couldn’t wait to try it!
It didn’t set like the strawberry jam did immediately, as expected, but after a couple of hours in the fridge…
I now have beautiful purple grape jam with chia seeds!
It’s ready to be enjoyed on some Ezekiel toast paired with freshly made vegan butter.
*** my vegan butter keeps separating when I put it back in the fridge, maybe this is what those soy lecithin granules are for but I don’t have those so all I did was mix it all up again and it actually made the butter more creamy and almost whipped-like!
¼ c soy milk
¾ c sunflower/olive/safflower oil
½ c coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Blend everything
2. Pour into your mold of choice and freeze it for a couple hours
3. Refrigerator for a month or freezer for a year
3 c grapes
⅓ c chia seeds
Sweetener (optional) – I didn’t use any
1. Place grapes in pan on medium heat
2. Mash the grapes with a potato masher while they’re heating up until there’s sufficient liquid to boil
3. Cook grapes for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, enjoy the smell
4. Remove from heat, add chia seeds, refrigerate
Ready to use in an hour or two!
This recipe is inspired by @aspoonfulofnature who also inspired this post!